Contract Specifications for SGX MSCI Malaysia Index Futures (MY)
|EXCHANGE||Singapore Exchange (SGX)|
|CONTRACT SIZE||US$20 x SGX MSCI Malaysia Index Futures Price|
|MINIMUM PRICE FLUCTUATION||0.25 index point (US$5)|
|CONTRACT MONTHS||2 nearest serial months and Mar, Jun, Sep and Dec months on 1-year cycle.|
|LAST TRADING DAY||Second last business day of the expiring contract month.|
|DAILY PRICE LIMIT||
±20% of previous settlement price (10 minutes cooling off period when each limit is reached). Thereafter no price limits for rest of the day. No price limits for expiring contract on its Last Trading Day.
With regards to the T+1 session, the Daily Settlement Price (DSP) derived in the T session that just ended will be the reference price to determine price limits.
* The Exchange will signal the commencement of the Cooling Off Period when there is an unsatisfied bid or offer at the prevailing Upper Price Limit or Lower Price Limit respectively for a continuous period of more than ten seconds. The Exchange retains the discretion to take into account any other factors in the market in determining the commencement of the Cooling-Off Period.
|SETTLEMENT BASIS||Cash settlement|
|FINAL SETTLEMENT PRICE||Average value of the MSCI Malaysia IndexSM on the last trading day, taken at each minute during the last 1 hour preceding the closing auction session on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad, including the closing Index value, rounded to 2 decimal places.|
|POSITION LIMIT||25,000 lots Note: Clearing Members may apply to the Exchange for higher position limits on behalf of their customers. Approval is based on the financial standing of the Member and their customer on a case by case basis.|
|NEGOTIATED LARGE TRADE||Minimum 50 lots|
- Are you a trader? We recommend you to take a look at our Daily Market Commentaries on Futures and Equities.
- Currently looking for a Direct Market Access broker? We provide Online Trading Software for you to do so. Find out more here.
- Open Futures Trading Account
- Transfer Active Account
- Request Custom Rate Quote
- Speak with a Licensed CMSR
We send occasional priority information on products, contests, promotions and events throughout the year. To receive our newsletters, sign-up here: