Contract Specifications for SGX USD Nikkei 225 Index Futures (NU)
|EXCHANGE||Singapore Exchange (SGX)|
|CONTRACT SIZE||US$5 x USD Nikkei 225 Index Futures Price|
|MINIMUM PRICE FLUCTUATION||5 index points (US$25)|
|CONTRACT MONTHS||4 nearest quarterly months|
|TRADING HOURS||Singapore Time
|TRADING HOURS ON LAST DAY||Same as normal trading hours.|
|LAST TRADING DAY||The day before the second Friday of the contract month.|
|DAILY PRICE LIMIT||
Temporary Price Limits (Circular DT/AM – 37 of 2011)
Effective from the start of the T+1 Session on 16 March 2011 until further notice from the Exchange.
Whenever the Initial and/or Intermediate Price Limits are reached, a Cooling Off Period* of ten (10) minutes will be implemented during which trading shall be confined to the prevailing Price Limits. After the Cooling Off Period*, the Price Limits will be expanded to the next applicable Price Limits (Intermediate or Final). There shall be no trading in any contract outside of the Final Price Limits for the remainder of the Trading Day.
* The Exchange will signal the commencement of the Cooling Off Period when there is an unsatisfied bid or offer at the prevailing Upper Price Limit or Lower Price Limit respectively for a continuous period of more than ten seconds. The Exchange retains the discretion to take into account any other factors in the market in determining the commencement of the Cooling Off Period.
|SETTLEMENT BASIS||CASH Settlement|
|FINAL SETTLEMENT PRICE||The Special Nikkei 225 Index Quotation based on the opening prices of each component issue in the Nikkei 225 Index on the business day following the last trading day.|
|POSITION LIMIT||A person shall not own or control more than 10,000 futures or futures equivalent contracts net long or net short in all contract months combined. Note: Clearing Members may apply to the Exchange for higher position limits on behalf of their customers. Approval is based on the financial standing of the Member and their customer on a case by case basis.|
|NEGOTIATED LARGE TRADE||Minimum 50 lots|
|STRIKE PRICE INTERVALS||N.A.|
|ADDITIONAL TRADING FACILITIES||EFP Trade: Eligible for EFP transaction Available for Mutual Offset with CME|
|MUTUAL OFFSET TRADING WITH CME||Eligible|
- Are you a trader? We recommend you to take a look at our Daily Market Commentaries on Futures and Equities.
- Currently looking for a Direct Market Access broker? We provide Online Trading Software for you to do so. Find out more here.
- Open Futures Trading Account
- Transfer Active Account
- Request Custom Rate Quote
- Speak with a Licensed CMSR
We send occasional priority information on products, contests, promotions and events throughout the year. To receive our newsletters, sign-up here: